Coming from the Japanese

Labi1995
I’m not as experienced with the road scene as I am with trail and ultra running (see my top 2014 trail shoes here), but I’m really enjoying the weekly track workouts I’ve been doing. Since training for the Spokane Marathon this last October, I’ve decided to keep [url=http://www.hijosdelvacio.es/Nike-Air-Max-90-Mujer-Negras-c-1_20.html]Nike Air Max 90 Mujer Negras[/url] incorporating a couple of road days in my training [url=http://www.pierrerobyr.ch/adidas-zx-flux-c-35/adidas-zx-flux-damen-c-35_36/]Adidas ZX Flux Damen[/url] throughout the winter. Consequently, I’ve recently been doing some experimenting with road shoes. Although my comfort with some trail brands (inov-8 in particular) has influenced my road shoe choices at this point, my picks below are the shoes I’ve enjoyed running in most for the amount of road running that I do.
I’ve broken the road section up into two categories (racing and training), basically because I have way too many shoes, but also to highlight some of the distinctions I make in certain design approaches as to the shoe’s end use and what I’m looking for in a shoe for specific purposes.  Here we goThe inov-9 Road-X Lite 155 has a great, wide fit for a racing shoe and a simple inov-8 Fusion rubber outsole; they are light, effective and fit like a slipper. 200 g M13
1. inov-8 Road-X [url=http://www.dannywinstanley.co.uk/adidas-stan-smith-c-4/adidas-stan-smith-womens-c-4_6/]Adidas Stan Smith Womens[/url] Lite 155 – Such a great shoe for nearly [url=http://www.joomlas.co.uk/nike-air-max-90-c-16/nike-air-max-90-womens-pink-c-16_18/]Nike Air Max 90 Womens Pink[/url] everything fast.  Not sure I’d run beyond a half marathon in them, but they are my go-to for track workouts, 5k/10k racing, and they have a nice, wide fit for a racing shoe.  The Fusion rubber (mix of rubber and eva) outsole is light, responsive, yet fairly durable (I’ve got nearly 300 mile on mine and they are still running strong).Despite its low weight, the Skechers GoMeb Speed 3 offers lots of responsive cushion and a forgiving ride.  The upper, while very minimal, still worked fine without socks for my marathon this past October. 230 g M13.
2. Skechers GoMeb Speed 2 (review here) – I was really surprised by the GoMeb Speed 2 when I tried them this spring. I used them quite a bit this summer for everything from a 10k race, to long tempos runs, and I ran a marathon in October in them.  Great all around racing shoe with a more cushioned [url=http://www.alainhemet.fr/nike-air-max-1-c-4/nike-air-max-1-femme-c-4_5/]Nike Air Max 1 Femme[/url] ride than most other shoes in the 6 oz [url=http://www.paardreizen.nl/Nike-Air-Max-2016-Dames-c-13_14.html]Nike Air Max 2016 Dames[/url] range.  Looking forward to trying the Speed 3 in early January!Traditional look and upper meets modern materials and design in the adidas Takumi Sen 2. Softer adiprene in the heel (white foam from midfoot back), firmer adiprene+ and torsion shank from the midfoot forward give it a very responsive ride that begs you to get on the forefoot and turn up the pace. 220 g M13.
3. adidas adizero Takumi Sen 2 – Haven’t run much in this shoe as I just recently purchased it, but so far it has really impressed me as a one of the best no-nonsense racers out there.  I don’t know why I waited this long to try it (oh wait, it retails for $150 (!), that’s why).  Managed to find them discounted a little and decided to try them out.  Very impressed with the shoe.  It is very light (low 6 oz range), yet offers [url=http://www.hijosdelvacio.es/Nike-Roshe-Run-Mujer-c-1_56.html]Nike Roshe Run Mujer[/url] a moderate amount of (quite firm) cushioning. [url=http://www.dannywinstanley.co.uk/adidas-gazelle-c-36/adidas-gazelle-womens-c-36_38/]Adidas Gazelle Womens[/url] It has enough underfoot structure that I could see potentially running a marathon in them, and a fit that hugs the foot like a glove.  Coming from the Japanese market, the name Takumi Sen means “artisan of the highest order” – this fits as this shoe is quite the piece of art.  If it weren’t so expensive or was more durable, it would rank higher in my list, but both the inov-8 Road-X Lite 155 and Skechers GoMeb Speed 2 can routinely be found for around $60 so hard to justify over double the cost even if it is an awesome shoe.