Many of Kirkpatrick's teammates haven't been on the sideline

Many of Kirkpatrick's teammates haven't been on the sideline

zhangzk
This post was updated on .
Cornerback Dre Kirkpatrick knows what it's like to think that victory is only a few seconds away Youth Jordan Berry Jersey , only to watch the Pittsburgh Steelers rally for another improbable win, and run off the field as thousands of their fans twirl towels in the stands.The Bengals (4-1) have their youngest team in coach Marvin Lewis' 16 seasons as they get ready to host the Steelers (2-2-1). Nineteen of them are in their first or second season 鈥?virtual newcomers to the one-sided series."It's kind of good that some of these guys haven't experienced it because we're trying to go in with clear minds, clear everything," Kirkpatrick said. "Just going out there and playing our game and not (remembering) nothing that happened two or three years ago, or last year."The Steelers know their history.Pittsburgh has won six straight in the series , including an 18-16 victory in the first round of the 2015 playoffs that included an historic meltdown by the Bengals. The Steelers have won nine of 10 and 14 of 17 against their AFC North rival, getting the better of games that have often turned nasty."Yeah, you get amped up there," Steelers linebacker Bud Dupree said. "It's their house. They're trying to be so tough."Some of the main figures in the most memorable games are gone. Bengals linebacker Vontaze Burfict is back after sitting out the first four games on his latest NFL suspension, but cornerback Adam "Pacman" Jones left after last season. Steelers running back Le'Veon Bell is holding out."Many of the significant contributors don't play for us (anymore), they don't play for them," Steelers coach Mike Tomlin said.Some things to watch Sunday at Paul Brown Stadium:LOPSIDED HISTORYThe Steelers are 24-8 against the Bengals since they hired Marvin Lewis as coach in 2003. They're 15-2 at Paul Brown Stadium during that span, including playoff wins in the 2005 and 2015 seasons. During their current six-game winning streak against Cincinnati, the Steelers have overcome deficits of 17-3 and 17-0. They have two last-minute wins.SHAZIER BACKSteelers linebacker Ryan Shazier suffered a spinal injury at Paul Brown Stadium last Dec. 4 when he lowered his helmet and tackled receiver Josh Malone. Shazier was taken to a local hospital. Ten months later, he's still recovering and it's unclear whether he can ever play again. Shazier is on the sideline during games and is expected to be in Cincinnati with his teammates on Sunday.BIG-PLAY BENGALSPittsburgh is known for its tenacious defense, but the Bengals have made some of the biggest plays this season. They've returned three turnovers for touchdowns, including an interception and a fumble in the fourth quarter of a 27-17 win over Miami on Sunday. The Bengals' rotation on the line has kept them fresh for the endings of games."Guys were really, really getting after it, and it was fun to watch," coordinator Teryl Austin said. "It makes the game easy to call when you know the guys are going to push the pocket back and get after the quarterback and harass the quarterback."ALIVE AND KICKINGA year after making the Pro Bowl for the first time, Steelers kicker Chris Boswell is struggling. He missed his third extra point of the season last week against Atlanta, matching his career high. It hasn't been any easier for Boswell when it comes to field goals Youth Jesse James Jersey , where he is just 3 for 6. Still, Tomlin remains confident in Boswell, who signed a five-year contract before the season.Boswell has never missed a kick against the Bengals, making all 11 extra-point tries and all 20 field goal attempts, including a pair of last-minute winners at Paul Brown Stadium."This guy has delivered for us a lot in the last few years, and I do not have amnesia in that regard," Tomlin said. "He's gotten me out of that stadium in Cincinnati a few times, and so I look forward to taking him to Cincinnati."CAMPAIGNING FOR CONNERIt could be Pittsburgh's final game without Bell, who reportedly will end his standoff and sign a one-year franchise tag next week. Bell's return could create an issue on how to split carries. James Conner has been solid while filling in. The second-year back is coming off a 185-yard from scrimmage, two-touchdown performance against Atlanta. Ben Roethlisberger believes Conner has done little to earn a demotion."I think James has done some amazing things and deserves to be on the football field," Roethlisberger said. "We also know what Le'Veon is and what he brings to the table, so I guess we'll cross that bridge if and when it happens."AP Sports Writer Will Graves contributed to this report. The 2018 Pittsburgh Steelers enter their Week 7 bye with a record of 3-2-1, giving them a .583 winning percentage. Currently in third place in the AFC North, the Steelers are on a two game winning streak. While they’re home record is a mere 1-2, the Steelers have made up for their early woes at Heinz Field as they are yet to lose on the road with a mark of 2-0-1. Looking at how the Steelers have performed going into their bye week in years past, and how they finished each season, gives both reason for hope and concern. To be consistent, we will look at Steelers’ games before the bye going back to the 2002 season. The reason this season was chosen was because it is the first year the AFC North was established, as well as there being difficult data from 2001 (the Steelers only played one game before their Week 3 bye because the games from Week 2 were moved to the end of the season due to the 9/11 terrorist attacks).Although Steelers Nation is spoiled to where a successful season is measured in terms of winning a Super Bowl, the Steelers cannot get to the Super Bowl without first making the playoffs. Therefore, we will use the standard of a playoff appearance as the baseline for the team reaching the desired goal for the regular season.Winning Percentage (.583)Since 2002, the Steelers have entered the bye with a record of .500 or greater 12 times. In those seasons, the Steelers have made the playoffs 11 out of the 12 occasions. The lone exception was in 2009 when the Steelers entered their Week 8 bye with a record of 5-2 and on a four-game winning streak. The Steelers finished 9–7 for the season and finished third in the AFC North while missing the playoffs.Winning Streak (2)One reason Steelers fans feel the team is heading in the right direction as they enter the bye is due to winning the last two contests. The Steelers have had a win streak of two games or more going into the bye week five times since 2002. If those five times Womens Maurkice Pouncey Jersey , Steelers have made the playoffs four of them. Once again, the only exception was in 2009. Additionally, with the exception of 2009, the Steelers have made the playoffs every year since 2002 where they won even just a single game as their final contest before the bye.Home (1-2) and Away (2-0-1)Before heading in a bad direction, the numbers show one last peak before crashing down. The peak in this case is the Steelers record away from Heinz Field. Even though there was the tie in Cleveland, the Steelers have not lost on the road in 2018. Other than this year, the Steelers have achieved this only twice since the creation of the AFC North. The Steelers were 2-0 on the road before the bye in 2010 and 1-0 on the road in 2005. Do those two years in Steeler history sound familiar? In both seasons, the Steelers reached the Super Bowl.Before booking a hotel for Atlanta in February, it is now time to look at the gloomy side of the numbers for 2018. With a home record below .500 before the bye, the Steelers have only managed this three other times, with two occasions where the team did not make the playoffs. The only case where the Steelers had a sub-.500 home record and still made the playoffs was in 2002. In this particular season, the Steelers’ bye week was during Week 3. The Steelers had only hosted one game at Heinz Field where they were defeated by the eventual AFC-champion Oakland Raiders. With only a two-game sample before the bye, it is very difficult to draw conclusions from this particular season.AFC North Standings (Third)The Steelers enter the bye in 2018 with their worst standing in the AFC North since there 0-4 start in 2013. The good news is the Steelers have never finished worse for the season in the AFC North standings than what they were entering the bye, with the lone exception being the aforementioned 2009 season. The bad news is the Steelers have never made the playoffs if they entered the bye in either third or fourth place in the division. But there is something to remember: since the Steelers are only a half came out of the division lead, they could move as high as first place in the without even playing this weekend.Hope in Numbers If you are our numbers geek like me, you can be either encouraged or discouraged by where the Steelers currently stand. The winning percentage, win streak, and road record are all reasons to believe that the Steelers will make the postseason in 2018. But home record and current division standings are items of concern. Much like the Steelers play in the early part of the season, the numbers give quite an inconsistent result. Personally, I think it’s a good thing because I will have to intently watch the games since the numbers aren’t telling me if the Steelers are definitely going to win or lose.In other words, these particular numbers can give a sense of comfort or grief, but not future results. Custom Dallas Cowboys Jerseys