Open a six-game homestand

zhangzk
ST. LOUIS — The Arizona Coyotes Mattias Janmark Jersey , sporting the Western Conference’s worst record, haven’t exactly been world beaters this season, except when it comes to the St. Louis Blues. The Coyotes pounded the Blues 6-0 on Saturday night in Phoenix, the most lopsided loss of the season for St. Louis. Arizona also beat the Blues 5-2 in Jan. 20 in St. Louis and the Blues had to rally for a 3-2 shootout victory at home on Nov. 9. Blues coach Mike Yeo said something looked missing from the Blues. “First off, I will say there were times where it looked like, yeah, we didn’t have the energy to have the gap or to be strong enough on the forecheck, whatever the case is,” Yeo told the St. Louis Post-Dispatch. “But we are certainly not going to allow that to be a factor, be an excuse here. You’re not allowed to be tired this time of year. That’s the bottom line. “We’ve played the same amount of games in the same amount of time as everybody else now. We’ve got ourselves still in a good position. This is a frustrating, disappointing one. But we’re still in a good position and now we have to recharge tomorrow and get ready for the next one.” Though the Coyotes have posted one of the league’s best records recently, 16-8-2 since Feb. 7, time is running out for excuses for a Blues team fighting for their playoff life. The Blues (43-29-6, 92 points) trail the Colorado Avalanche by one point for the second wild card spot in the Western Conference Riley Nash Jersey , but the Avalanche have played one more game than St. Louis. The Blues’ regular season ends on April 7 at Colorado in a game that could ultimately decide which team gets into the postseason. But the Blues have three games before then, including hosting the Washington Capitals on Monday night. “We got to look in the mirror tonight, tomorrow, recharge and get ready for Monday because they’re gonna be coming,” Blues defenseman Alex Pietrangelo told the Post-Dispatch. Washington beat visiting St. Louis 4-3 in overtime on Jan. 7. The Capitals are coming off a 3-1 victory over the Penguins in Pittsburgh on Sunday night. The win clinched the third straight Metropolitan Division title for Washington. “That goes to the guys in the room and all the guys that put in the work all year,” Washington coach Barry Trotz told reporters. “Obviously a tough summer for us as an organization and just getting some traction getting out of the gates was as tough as it’s been and I think we sort of grew together. We understood what we might have to be just to get into the playoffs. The guys had a good push just to get us into this position and not fighting in the back end, which most people thought we would be this year.” T.J. Oshie, Dmitry Orlov and Tim Wilson scored and Philipp Grubauer made 36 saves for the Capitals (47-25-7, 101 points) in the win over the Penguins. What Rick Porcello did six days ago carried over into an outstanding performance. Porcello allowed one hit in seven innings, Mookie Betts and Andrew Benintendi homered, and the Boston Red Sox beat the Minnesota Twins 9-2 Thursday to avoid a series sweep. Xander Bogaerts had two RBIs for the Red Sox, who had a season-high 16 hits, and finished 6-4 on a road trip through Baltimore, Seattle and Minnesota. ”We definitely needed a win today Yanni Gourde Jersey , especially to end this long road trip after dropping the first two games to these guys,” Porcello said. He was dominant in a game that was 2-0 through six innings. After a first-inning single by Logan Morrison, ending a 0-for-30 stretch against Boston, Porcello (9-3) retired 19 of 20 Twins hitters, including the last 16. Throwing 97 pitches, he struck out five and walked one. Porcello finished seven innings for the first time in 10 starts since April 29. His best previous start of the season was April 12 against the Yankees, when he allowed two hits and struck out six in seven innings. Last Friday in Seattle, Porcello allowed four earned runs and seven hits in six innings. But his mood was much different in the final inning. ”I was just pitching a lot more relaxed, the delivery was smooth and I executed, so I tried to carry that with the tempo and everything into today,” he said. ”He was under control,” said manager Alex Cora. Kyle Gibson (2-5) allowed seven hits and two earned runs in six innings for Minnesota, striking out five for his ninth quality start this season. He had only 10 in 2017 and eight in 2016. Betts hit the first pitch of the fifth inning into the front row of seats in right-center for a 2-0 lead. He finished with three hits and has reached base eight times in his last three games. ”He likes to take a lot of first pitches and then once in a while ambushes, and he got him that time Tom Kuhnhackl Jersey ,” said Twins manager Paul Molitor. The Red Sox were 5 for 14 with runners in scoring position, finishing the three-game series 7 for 36. ”It was a just couple tough days,” Betts said. ”We came out ready to swing it and we just showed what we can do.” Bogaerts’ two-run double keyed a three-run seventh against Ryan Pressly. Benintendi hit a two-run shot in the eighth. PREPARATION PAID OFF With left-handed hitting Joe Mauer up, Betts, playing right field, shifted to right-center and barely had to move to catch a fly ball. Betts then waved a card telling him where to play toward the dugout. ”It was an extreme one from the analytical department,” Cora said. ”. I’m glad that it happened. They believe in what we’re doing, but sometimes they see something extremely out of the ordinary. I was the happiest guy, like `Thank God they hit it right there.”’ PORCELLO PURPOSE? Porcello moved into a tie for the American League with his 10th hit batsman in the first, when he knocked Eduardo Escobar down with a fastball that plunked the major league leader in doubles just above his right elbow. Escobar stayed in the game for two more innings, but was removed after striking out in the third, and was diagnosed with a bruise. In the top of the inning, J.D. Martinez had to hit the dirt to dodge a high-and-inside pitch from Gibson. ”It didn’t look particularly good to me,” said Molitor Rick Nash Jersey , pausing to choose his words carefully. Said Escobar, through an interpreter: ”I respect Porcello a lot. He’s one of the best pitchers in the league. If he did it on purpose, I don’t really know what the purpose is behind it. I’ve never done anything against him. I was trying to protect myself, and we’ll just move on.” Gibson hit Sandy Leon with a pitch in the sixth. In the game Tuesday, Red Sox starter Chris Sale hit Mauer before Jose Berrios plunked Betts and Mauer was hit again by reliever Robby Scott. TRAINERS ROOM Red Sox: LHP Drew Pomeranz, out since June 5 with left biceps tendinitis, is expected to get on a mound this weekend and throw a bullpen session, according to Cora. Twins: OF Eddie Rosario missed the game with a sore throwing shoulder. He is considered day to day. Since May 1, Rosario is hitting .364 with a league-best 68 hits in that span, including 16 doubles and 13 home runs. UP NEXT Red Sox: Open a six-game homestand Friday with RHP Steven Wright (2-1, 1.23) scheduled to start against Seattle LHP Wade LeBlanc (3-0, 2.63). Twins: Welcome Texas on Friday for a three-game weekend series with RHP Fernando Romero (3-2, 4.17) to face the Rangers’ LHP Mike Minor (4-4. 5.35). — http://www.officialusafootballs.com/new-england-patriots