Ryan Switzer impresses on special teams in debut with Steelers

Ryan Switzer impresses on special teams in debut with Steelers

zhangzk
While the performance of the return units might not be the first thing that comes to mind after watching the Pittsburgh Steelers tie with the Cleveland Browns Womens Javon Hargrave Jersey , it would be fair to say that the debut of Ryan Switzer on Sunday deserves some recognition. After what feels like years of shouting at the TV every time a Steelers’ return man fielded a punt or attempted to bring a kick out of the end zone, watching Switzer play against Cleveland was something of a revelation in Week 1.Appearing surprisingly assured at his position compared to the players the coaching staff has tried out as kick-returners in past seasons, Switzer showed a range of skills on special teams that highlighted the talents which surely attracted Pittsburgh to him in the first place. He might have dropped the one pass thrown his way, but he did give the Steelers some positive plays in the kicking game.A stat line of five punt returns for 55 yards at an average of 11 yards per return, along with three kick returns for an average of 23 yards isn’t exactly the second coming of Devin Hester, but it felt like a dramatic improvement over previous candidates for the position.Displaying great agility and quickness http://www.pittsburghsteelersteamstore.com/chukwuma-okorafor-jersey , Switzer made enough moves to suggest he might have the capacity to break off some big returns this season, plus an 8-yard carry out of the backfield which indicates he could have some value there too. A one-game sample clearly isn’t enough to claim the coaching staff has finally found the man talented enough to keep Antonio Brown on the sidelines when the special-teams unit takes the field, but he didn’t make me want to throw things at the TV either, so I’m personally taking this as a huge win in Week 1.Friday Night Steelers Six Pack of questions and open thread: Week 5 Falcons Edition Several people have asked if we could bring back the Friday Night Open Thread. I had moved the event to Saturday morning, but after minimal success, I decided to bring it back to Friday night — with a slight twist.I liked the Saturday Six-Pack theme http://www.pittsburghsteelersteamstore.com/vince-williams-jersey , so I decided to just take the six questions and move them to Friday night. Say hello to Friday Night Six-Pack of Steelers Questions and open thread!The rules haven’t changed...Quick rundown of the ground rules.I’ll ask at least four questions strictly related to the Steelers.The rest of the questions could be about anything.Be respectful.Have fun talking about the Black-and-gold.That’s it! With that out of the way, it’s time to get this party started. Hey, don’t act like you’ve never done a little Friday night drinking. Here goes:1. I asked this question in the offseason, but with a quarter of the season over, I felt it should be asked again. If you could bring back ONE player from the Steelers’ past to play TODAY at the their prime, who would it be and why?2. Fans are down on the Steelers right now Womens Maurkice Pouncey Jersey , and rightfully so. What would it take for you to get back on their side and think this team has a shot at something special? 3. OVER/UNDER Steelers sacks of Matt Ryan: 34. Finish the sentence...for the Steelers to win on Sunday needs to have a big game.5. Do you have any gameday rituals you alwasy follow? For instance, do you always sit in the same spot? Always wear a special jersey? Explain your rituals!6. This will become more of a talking point as the season progresses, but at this moment would you pick up Artie Burns’ 5th year option? Extra: We had this debate on our preview show...which football movie is better:Remember the Titans or Rudy?No matter what, always remember...HERE WE GO STEELERS!PODCASTS