and no complaints about the lacing

Labi1995
I’ve had mixed experiences with the Brooks PureFlow series in the past. The PF1 was a solid shoe that provided a springy [url=http://www.alainhemet.fr/nike-air-zoom-pegasus-34-c-66/nike-air-zoom-pegasus-34-femme-c-66_67/]Nike Air Zoom Pegasus 34 Femme[/url] ride and served me well [url=http://www.hijosdelvacio.es/Nike-Roshe-Run-Mujer-c-1_56.html]Nike Roshe Run Mujer[/url] over longer distance runs. I didn’[url=http://www.alainhemet.fr/nike-air-max-90-essential-c-19/nike-air-max-90-essential-femme-c-19_20/]Nike Air Max 90 Essential Femme[/url] t try the PF2, but came back to the model [url=http://www.alainhemet.fr/nike-roshe-run-c-81/nike-roshe-run-femme-c-81_84/]Nike Roshe Run Femme[/url]with the PF3. Version 3 was a nice looking shoe, but I just couldn’t get the fit right. A size 10.5 was way too long, and the size 10 I swapped them for were so uncomfortable that I had to take them off after about 10 minutes and never went for a run in them. It felt like they had narrowed the shoe considerably from v1, and it’s one of the few instances I can recollect where a shoe actually made my feet ache due to a fit issue.

Given my negative experience with the PureFlow 3, I was hesitant to try version 4. I wasn’t planning to buy a pair (I buy more than half of the shoes I review these days), but Brooks offered to send a media sample and I agreed (Disclosure: the shoes reviewed here were provided free-of-charge by Brooks Running). I’m glad that I did as [url=http://www.joomlas.co.uk/]www.joomlas.co.uk[/url] I’ve had a very positive experience [url=http://www.alainhemet.fr/nike-air-max-270-c-16/nike-air-max-270-femme-c-16_17/]Nike Air Max 270 Femme[/url] with the latest iteration of the [url=http://www.alainhemet.fr/nike-air-max-2017-c-13/nike-air-max-2017-femme-c-13_14/]Nike Air Max 2017 Femme[/url] PureFlow.
Per Running Warehouse, the Brooks PureFlow 4 weighs in at 8.9 oz in men’s size 9, and sole stack heights are 22mm heel, 18mm forefoot. I wear my normal size 10 in this shoe and length is good.
Though I still feel like the PureFlow last is a bit odd – kind of long and narrowish – the PF4 fits me far better than the PF3 did. I’ve run about 30-40 miles in them, with a long run of a bit over 9 miles, and comfort has been very good. This is not a wide shoe by any means, and the upper does not have a lot of give, but I have not experienced any squeezing, pain, etc. as I did in v3.The upper of the PF4 looks great. I’m a big fan of the black/red color combo, and I like the positioning of the Brooks logo on the outer forefoot.
As mentioned, the mesh over the forefoot [url=http://www.hijosdelvacio.es/Nike-Air-Max-90-Mujer-Rosas-c-1_22.html]Nike Air Max 90 Mujer Rosas[/url] does not have much give, and [url=http://www.dannywinstanley.co.uk/adidas-nmd-c-1/adidas-nmd-womens-c-1_3/]Adidas NMD Womens[/url] this is an area that could be  [url=http://www.pierrerobyr.ch/adidas-superstar-c-13/adidas-superstar-damen-schwarz-c-13_17/]Adidas Superstar Damen Schwarz[/url] Brooks PureFlow 4 Nav Bandimproved. I’d love to see Brooks use a stretchier mesh in this area. The heel region of the PF4 is rather stiff due to a substantial heel counter, but the inner lining of the ankle is incredibly smooth and comfy – love the material they used here. The tongue is well padded, and no complaints about the lacing.
One aspect of the upper that I have consistently disliked in the PureProject shoes is the Nav Band (see photo at left). I don’t feel like it accomplishes anything that the laces don’t already handle, and it complicates an otherwise excellent upper. Brooks could ditch a little weight and simplify this shoe by getting rid of it.