iffy at best on technical terrain to one

iffy at best on technical terrain to one

Labi1995
It hasn’t been that long since I first wrote about the original Nike Zoom Terra Kiger in my June review.  I was pleasantly surprised by the shoe and found it very nice for smoother trails, and even mixed runs as the shoe ran quite well on [url=http://www.paardreizen.nl/Nike-Roshe-Run-Heren-c-91_93.html]Nike Roshe Run Heren[/url] pavement.
Only a short while after my review I started to see rumors that a version 2 of the Kiger was [url=http://www.joomlas.co.uk/nike-roshe-run-c-48/nike-roshe-run-womens-c-48_50/]Nike Roshe Run Womens[/url] already on its way. Although I’m sure nobody from Nike read my review, it seemed they had read my mind based on what I was hearing regarding updates in version 2. Firmer midsole, more secure upper, better heel stability. Given that these [url=http://www.dannywinstanley.co.uk/nike-outdoor-c-42/nike-air-max-thea-womens-c-42_46/]Nike Air Max Thea Womens[/url] were all things I had pointed out as needing improvement in the first version, I was eager to give the v2 a spin.The Kiger 2 upper and fit is at the top of its class – in my opinion, it’s one of the best uppers on the market today. It provides one of the best, most secure, yet not confining fits that I’ve tried.  They are just super comfortable and yet very secure at the same time.  I wish they would put the engineered mesh style upper on more of their shoes.  It is extremely durable and yet very light and simple.  On the Kiger 2 there are fewer gaps in the the mesh which makes it more durable, and there [url=http://www.dannywinstanley.co.uk/nike-outdoor-c-42/nike-air-huarache-mens-c-42_78/]Nike Air Huarache Mens[/url] is less give in the upper than the Kiger 1.
Nike Terra Kiger 2The tongue is slightly less padded than that of the Kiger 1, but actually feels better. The heel collar is also less padded and yet feels just as comfortable.
Nike [url=http://www.alainhemet.fr/nike-air-max-90-c-22/nike-air-max-90-femme-rose-c-22_26/]Nike Air Max 90 Femme Rose[/url] used their regrind material as overlays mainly in the heel area to increase structure. [url=http://www.dannywinstanley.co.uk/adidas-superstar-c-7/adidas-superstar-mens-c-7_8/]Adidas Superstar Mens[/url] It works well.  The Kiger 2 feels much more secure laterally in the upper, and many of the problems I had with the heel being unstable in the Kiger 1 are remedied because of this (and changes to the midsole which I will get to below).
Bottom line, the Kiger 2 represents some of the best upper design I’ve seen yet in a shoe, and I’ve tried a lot of shoes. The Kiger 2 is at the top of my list.The midsole on the original Kiger was nice, but overall felt just a little too soft. In particular, the heel of the original Kiger was much too soft (it had a dual density foam with a softer compound in the heel), which I think created most of the instability problems that I experienced on technical terrain with that shoe.  The Kiger 2 was updated with [url=http://www.paardreizen.nl/Nike-Blazer-Dames-c-76_77.html]Nike Blazer Dames[/url] a single density midsole throughout, and feels firmer overall.  The result, while not changing [url=http://www.joomlas.co.uk/nike-air-max-95-c-21/nike-air-max-95-womens-c-21_23/]Nike Air Max 95 Womens[/url] the DNA of the shoe, was a huge improvement for me.  It made a shoe that was iffy at best on technical terrain to one that could cover the gamut of almost any trail conditions.  As such, I ended up using the Kiger 2 for half of the Rut 50k and it performed very well on terrain that it is not ideally designed for…after that race I was convinced that they had fixed the stability issues on more technical terrain.  There are not many races in the US that cover more technical terrain than the Rut 50k.