probably medium width in the toebox

Labi1995
Yesterday I posted a link to an article on Believe in the Run that featured photos of a bunch of new shoes to be released next year. I just finished reading through a similar post by Brian Metzler on Competitor.com, and there are a few shoes featured that were not shared on BITR. Among them is a trail shoe from Saucony (the Nomad TR pictured below) that is built on the Kinvara platform (unlike the Kinvara Trail, which was not really Kinvcara-like at all). Fans of big cushion and technical trails will also like the Hoka Speedgoat.My posting (and running) [url=http://www.alainhemet.fr/nike-air-max-90-c-22/nike-air-max-90-homme-c-22_29/]Nike Air Max 90 Homme[/url] plans for the week were wiped out by a stomach bug that has largely resigned me to being plastered to the couch. I though I’d instead refer you to my buddy Thomas Neuberger’s preview of 2015 running shoes. Thomas attended The Running Event last week in Austin, Texas and has provided a lot of eye candy for shoe geeks!I haven’t followed Nike’s offerings for that long. In fact, the only Nike shoe I’ve spent time running in prior to this year was the Nike Zoom Streak XC 3 (now sold, with an updated upper design, as the Zoom Streak LT 2). This year I’ve run in three Nike shoes: Terra Kiger v1, Kiger v2 and the Zoom Elite 7. Just like I was pleasantly surprised with the Kiger, and quite impressed with the Kiger 2, I was also somewhat impressed with the Elite 7 when trying it on. I had tried on the Pegasus 31 not long before, and while [url=http://www.pierrerobyr.ch/adidas-zx-flux-c-35/adidas-zx-flux-damen-c-35_36/]Adidas ZX Flux Damen[/url] the Elite 7 has some similarities to the Peg 31 (even beyond its looks), I found the fit and feel of the Elite to be a little more to my liking.  The main differences are [url=http://www.joomlas.co.uk/nike-air-max-tavas-c-27/nike-air-max-tavas-womens-c-27_29/]Nike Air Max Tavas Womens[/url] a lower drop at 8mm compared to the 10mm of the Peg, firmer midsole, forefoot zoom unit (Peg 31 only has one in the heel) and slightly lower stack heights.
I’ve now run well over 75 miles in the Zoom Elite 7, about 50% on road and 50% on mostly hardpack, non-technical trail.  Below are my thoughts at this point.Nice materials, completely seamless, flywire.  Notice fairly thin tongue; not problematic for me, but noteworthy.
This is one area where I really think Nike did well with this shoe.  Before getting to the good stuff, I should mention that I had to cut the arch area away on the sockliner/footbed because it seemed to cause blisters on my arch at times. I did this on the Kiger and Kiger 2 as well – since [url=http://www.paardreizen.nl/Nike-Air-Max-1-Dames-c-7_9.html]Nike Air Max 1 Dames[/url] the interiors of all three of the Nike shoes are completely seamless it appears to be a footbed-specific issue.  Not a [url=http://www.paardreizen.nl/Nike-Air-Huarache-Heren-c-4_5.html]Nike Air Huarache Heren[/url] problem overall because it is fixed very easily with some scissors. It’s just somewhat annoying to have to do this to every new Nike shoe that I buy.
The Elite 7 has a very nice internal liner and I’ve had no problem running sockless in them.  The overlays hold the foot well, and the material seems very durable.  It has a similar construction to the Kiger where it has an outer mesh (in the Elite 7’s case with some thin welded overlays instead of the engineered mesh), an internal liner, and flywire sandwiched in between.  The fit is probably medium width in the toebox, with the shoe running just a bit long to me (1/4 size maybe).  The lacing is slightly asymmetrical, which didn’t cause any problems, but I usually don’t prefer it.  The only slight issue I had [url=http://www.joomlas.co.uk/nike-air-max-zero-c-33/nike-air-max-zero-womens-c-33_35/]Nike Air Max Zero Womens[/url] with the fit is that I felt that the heel collar, while well padded, [url=http://www.paardreizen.nl/Nike-Free-Run-3.0-Dames-c-85_87.html]Nike Free Run 3.0 Dames[/url] extended up a bit too high.  This only caused a small hot spot one time (on a 2.5 hr run), but it is definitely a design flaw in my mind…probably irrelevant if you wear socks.  Overall, another example of Nike’s use of quality materials and construction methods at a decent price.