"Easter was a tim

caicai2017
Telander told Jordan about a ninth-grader [url=http://www.royerimprimeur.fr/Nike-Air-Presto-Femme-c-50_51.html]Nike Air Presto Femme[/url] found strangled in a Maryland high school, killed by a basketball teammate for his Air Jordans. He [url=http://www.royerimprimeur.fr/Nike-Dunk-Sky-High-Femme-Homme-c-53_54.html]Nike Dunk Sky High Femme Homme[/url] told Jordan about a 13-year-old shot dead in Detroit for his sneakers, and a 17-year-old in Georgia, [url=http://www.wimatherm.de/nike-air-max-tn-c-37/nike-air-max-tn-damen-c-37_38/]Nike Air Max TN Damen[/url] robbed of his money and murdered for his shoes.

"And I bring up this issue and said, 'What do you think? This is for [url=http://www.wimatherm.de/nike-air-huarache-c-4/nike-air-huarache-damen-c-4_5/]Nike Air Huarache Damen[/url] real. Do you take any responsibility for this?' We talked for a long time," Telander says. "He started to come to tears. I think [url=http://www.wimatherm.de/nike-air-max-1-c-7/nike-air-max-1-damen-c-7_8/]Nike Air Max 1 Damen[/url] they were authentic. I think they were genuine."

"I thought I was helping out others and everything would be positive," Jordan [url=http://www.wimatherm.de/nike-air-presto-c-46/nike-air-presto-herren-c-46_48/]Nike Air Presto Herren[/url] told Telander. "But when it comes to kids killing each other, then you have to reevaluate things."

But no “reevaluation” was apparent. Jordan continued to partner with Nike, and Nike  continued to manufacture the shoes for very little and sell them for a lot. Sometimes over $200 per pair.

The $15 Shoes Trying To Change The Game

Among those impressed by those ads was a young [url=http://www.royerimprimeur.fr/Nike-Air-Max-1-Femme-Noir-c-1_2.html]Nike Air Max 1 Femme Noir[/url] man in the projects in Coney Island, New York.

"Easter was a time when everybody got new clothes," [url=http://www.royerimprimeur.fr/]www.royerimprimeur.fr[/url] Stephon Marbury recalls. "Everyone would wear their best outfits to church and then they’d go and wear their [url=http://www.royerimprimeur.fr/Nike-Air-Huarache-Femme-c-22_23.html]Nike Air Huarache Femme[/url] best outfits after church to go to the amusement park and to get on the rides. You really wanted to have the newest trend [url=http://www.royerimprimeur.fr/Nike-Air-Odyssey-Femme-c-32_33.html]Nike Air Odyssey Femme[/url] in shoes, which were the Jordans."

Marbury had six siblings, and his mother was having none of his pleas for new Nikes."Oh, there [url=http://www.royerimprimeur.fr/Nike-Air-Max-Zero-Femme-c-47_48.html]Nike Air Max Zero Femme[/url] wasn’t no convincing her," Marbury says. "I’d beg her, but I already knew it was pretty much an automatic 'No.'"

But, who knows? Maybe the “No” helped motivate Marbury to become a good enough basketball player to make the NBA. Because that’s what he did. He played for 13 years. And by that point, he’d seen the ads for the shoes for what they were.