that this might not be the case for everyone

that this might not be the case for everyone

Labi1995
As a European running shoe geek you sometimes [url=http://www.hijosdelvacio.es/Adidas-ZX-750-Mujer-c-57_88.html]Adidas ZX 750 Mujer[/url] have to gamble. Some shoes only make it to Europe months after their release in the US, and some shoes [url=http://www.paardreizen.nl/Nike-Air-Max-90-Dames-Zwart-c-22_25.html]Nike Air Max 90 Dames Zwart[/url] never officially make it over the big pond. While it is usually not difficult to find a retailer willing to ship the shoe of desire over to Europe, it is costly (think international shipping charges, taxes, and customs) and there is no safety line: if you don’t like the shoe, or if it simply doesn’t fit, you’re screwed. Yet, sometimes there is a shoe for which you are willing to take the risk. For me, the Montrail Fluidflex II was my most recent shoe gamble.
If you don’t like to read lengthy reviews, you can stop here: I won the lottery, maybe not first prize, but maybe second or third, with this gamble. With a stack height of 15m/11mm (according to Montrail; Running Warehouse reports 22mm heel, 17mm forefoot) and a [url=http://www.dannywinstanley.co.uk/adidas-zx-850-c-24/adidas-zx-850-womens-c-24_26/]Adidas ZX 850 Womens[/url] weight of just 8.3oz (238g), and, according to Montrail, “a close-to-ground feel that both flexes with the natural movement of your foot, and protects it at the [url=http://www.pierrerobyr.ch/adidas-zx-850-c-32/adidas-zx-850-damen-c-32_33/]Adidas ZX 850 Damen[/url] same time” I envisioned the Fluidflex II to be a good replacement for my Nike Terra Kigers which were nearing the end of their life. After having run close to 90km on varying surfaces and all different types of conditions I have to say that this assumption was true: the Fluidflex II shares many of the ingredients which made the Kigers (and the Wildhorse) such a fan favorite. Let’s dig into the details, from top to bottom.The Fluidlfex II upper can be described as a simple, no frills upper which is more about functionality than appearance. That does not mean that the upper is ugly; the plain black/gray design is simply a (welcome?) contrast to the nearly psychedelic colorways [url=http://www.paardreizen.nl/Nike-Roshe-Run-Heren-c-91_93.html]Nike Roshe Run Heren[/url] of many other shoes these days. The upper consists of what seems to be two different types of mesh: a more open one over the front third and lateral side of the shoe, and a denser mesh for the the rest. [url=http://www.paardreizen.nl/Nike-Air-Max-90-Dames-Roze-c-22_26.html]Nike Air Max 90 Dames Roze[/url] Relatively little material is added to provide structure; there are some seamless overlays on the medial side and around the lower heel. There is also a small toe bumper to provide some protection for the front of the foot. The heel collar is relatively soft, and there are two small “pillows” inside the shoe on each side of the heel to prevent heel slippage. For me this feature worked very well, but I could imagine that this might not be the case for everyone. The upper breathes quite well and, accordingly, also dries relatively quickly after water crossings.In contrast, the Fluidflex II upper lacks some useful features [url=http://www.joomlas.co.uk/nike-air-max-90-c-16/nike-air-max-90-mens-c-16_19/]Nike Air Max 90 Mens[/url] for tougher trail conditions, such as a randing or a gusseted tongue. I have not run enough miles in the shoe to comment on upper durability, but I would assume it to be similar to other shoes of its class. The fit is ok but not as dialed in as I would have liked it, i.e. for me not as precise as the fit of the Kigers. The upper volume is about average (or slightly above) and the toebox is of medium width, which for me was acceptable as it does not taper very aggressively and there is some stretch to the upper. I should add that I got the shoe in a US10 – if I had been able to buy it locally I certainly would have tried a 9.5 as well, so take my comments on fit with a grain of salt.