the first two days

zhangzk
The Seattle Seahawks and Green Bay Packers are heading into the 2018 season with new backup quarterbacks. The Seahawks acquired quarterback Brett Hundley from the Packers on Wednesday for an undisclosed draft pick. Green Bay announced the trade late in the day Derick Brassard Jersey , completing the deal on the cusp of the preseason finales for all teams. The addition of Hundley gives Seattle a proven backup behind Russell Wilson. The Seahawks are reportedly sending a late-round draft pick to Green Bay and coach Pete Carroll said it was another opportunity to improve the Seahawks roster. "It his fourth year now, he's played quite a bit and started a bunch of games last year," Carroll said. "We've been able to see him and really see how he has developed, and we liked him coming out of college as well. He's big Andrew Shaw Jersey , he runs well, he's got a good arm, he's got good vision on the field, he's made a lot of big throws and big plays. He really gives you the thought that he could come in the game and keep it moving. So we just thought it was too good of an opportunity to pass up." Hundley stepped into a starting role last season for the Packers when Aaron Rodgers went down with a broken collarbone. Hundley started nine games and the Packers went 3-6. He threw for 1 Carl Soderberg Jersey ,836 yards and nine touchdowns, but also threw 12 interceptions. His acquisition likely means the end of Austin Davis' stint as Wilson's backup in Seattle. Davis has been with the Seahawks since the start of the 2017 season. In Green Bay, the deal means that DeShone Kizer has won the backup job behind Rodgers. The former second-round pick started 15 games for the winless Cleveland Browns last season as a rookie and was acquired by the Packers in the offseason. Seattle's backup quarterback situation has been tenuous for several seasons ever since Tarvaris Jackson was not re-signed after the 2015 season. Wilson played through significant injuries in 2016 with Trevone Boykin only being used in brief moments and last season Wilson took every offensive snap with Seattle avoiding having to use Davis as a replacement. But Davis has been inconsistent this preseason and rookie seventh-round draft pick Alex McGough has shown enough promise to be a development option as a backup for the future. That still left Seattle in a shaky spot not wanting to use a rookie should something happen to Wilson and why the trade for Hundley makes sense. Hundley started nine of 11 games last season when Rodgers was injured. His best game came in Week 13 when he threw for 265 yards and three touchdowns in a win over Cleveland. But Hundley also had games where he struggled, twice failing to pass for more than 100 yards in losses to New Orleans and Tampa Bay. Hundley is also entering the final year of his rookie contract and will be a free agent after the season. The deal could also clear the way for the Packers to keep promising undrafted free agent Tim Boyle as a third quarterback. "I think I've progressed pretty fast. It's a pretty hard offense. I take pride in the fact that I'm learning every day. Obviously Youth Jake McCabe Jersey , having (Rodgers) in front of you helps you out a lot," Boyle said Tuesday. "But it's a business and I understand that, so whatever happens, happens." Booth reported from Seattle. The San Francisco 49ers have five picks heading into the final day of the NFL draft. The 49ers will have single picks in the fourth Noah Hanifin Jersey , fifth and sixth rounds Saturday, as well as two in the seventh as they hope to add to the haul they acquired on the first two days. San Francisco used its first two picks of the draft to get help for quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo. The Niners took tackle Mike McGlinchey in the first round and speedy receiver Dante Pettis in round two. The focus shifted to defense in the third round with San Francisco taking linebacker Fred Warner and defensive back Tarvarius Moore. The Niners could use more help at pass rusher, interior line and possibly tight end. Youth Carolina Panthers Jerseys