www.vikingsauthorizedshops.com

hongwei28
The future is back.

Twenty years ago [url=http://www.vikingsauthorizedshops.com/authentic-stefon-diggs-jersey]Authentic Stefon Diggs Jersey[/url] , Ken Griffey Jr. and the Seattle Mariners‘ marketing department put on one of the most memorable promotions in franchise history — which is saying a lot, since Funny Nose Glasses Night in 1982 drew more fans than Gaylord Perry’s 300th win two nights earlier — with Turn Ahead the Clock Day.

Instead of wearing retro uniforms like most teams do for Turn Back the Clock Day, the Mariners imagined what things might look like in 2027, when they will celebrate their 50th anniversary.

The Kingdome was turned into the “Biodome.” A DeLorean drove actor James Doohan, who played Scotty on “Star Trek,” to the mound to deliver the ceremonial first pitch.

The Mariners’ Moose mascot was replaced by Marty the Mariners Martian. Griffey was referred to as “Digit 24” instead of his last name by the public-address announcer.

Player positions were called quadrants. And the Mariners and their opponent that night, the Kansas City Royals, wore futuristic, untucked uniforms that Griffey, the Hall of Fame center fielder, helped design.

According to Kevin Martinez, the marketing director for the Mariners in 1998, it was Griffey’s idea to change the Mariners’ colors from navy [url=http://www.vikingsauthorizedshops.com/authentic-stefon-diggs-jersey]Stefon Diggs Jersey Big[/url] , teal and white to crimson, black and silver. Junior wore his hat backward and spray-painted his glove and spikes silver.

“There were always some surprises,” Griffey recently told The Athletic. “You never knew what was going to happen that night. It was like, ‘Stay tuned.'”

Twenty years later, the Mariners and Royals will reprise Turn Ahead the Clock Night when they meet Saturday night at Safeco Field.

Royals outfielder Jorge Bonifacio is certainly looking to the future after making his season debut in Friday night’s 4-1 loss to the Mariners.

Bonifacio missed the first 80 games of the season while serving a Major League Baseball suspension after testing positive for a performance-enhancing drug in spring training.

“I’m so excited to be back with the team,” said Bonifacio, who batted .255 and hit 17 home runs as a rookie last season.

Bonifacio batted .392 in 13 games for Triple-A Omaha before being activated. He batted fifth Friday, going 0-for-3.

“We’re glad to have him back,” Royals manager Ned Yost said. “He was swinging very well (at Omaha).

“I mean, the kid hit 17 homers last year. … Yeah, he was going to hit in the middle of the order, until all this surfaced.”

Bonifacio played left field Friday to give Alex Gordon a day off, but likely will be in right field Saturday.

“We are going to move him around. He’s going to play [url=http://www.vikingsauthorizedshops.com/authentic-kirk-cousins-jersey]Authentic Kirk Cousins Jersey[/url] ,” Yost said. “He’s going to play some right, play some left. What difference does it make?”

On the mound, right-handers Jason Hammel of the Royals (2-9, 5.34 ERA) and Felix Hernandez of the Mariners (7-6, 5.10) will be looking for vintage performances.

Hammel, who won 15 games for the World Series champion Chicago Cubs in 2016, has lost four straight starts — in which the Royals have scored a total of five runs. The graduate of South Kitsap High School in nearby Port Orchard, Wash., is 3-3 with a 3.53 ERA in eight career appearances against Seattle, including seven starts.

Hernandez, the American League’s 2010 Cy Young Award winner, is 6-6 with a 3.15 ERA in 15 career starts against the Royals. That includes an 8-3 victory on April 10 in Kansas City in which he pitched 5 2/3 innings, allowing three runs and six hits.

Eric Hosmer’s first single barely stayed fair and never made it past third base. His second was a little crisper and gave the Padres a little cushion in the ninth inning.

It also assured Clayton Richard’s career-best winning streak stayed intact.

Hosmer reached base three times [url=http://www.vikingsauthorizedshops.com/authentic-kirk-cousins-jersey]Kirk Cousins Jersey Big[/url] , Richard pitched three-hit ball over six innings for his fourth consecutive win and San Diego beat the San Francisco Giants 6-2 on Friday night.

The Padres were clinging to a 3-2 lead in the ninth before scoring three times. Hosmer’s two-run single to left off Will Smith was the pivotal blow and came after the Giants intentionally walked Wil Myers.

”I don’t think he likes having the guy in front of him intentionally walked,” Padres manager Andy Green said. ”He’s got way too much pride for that to happen. It was a great at-bat. We needed those two insurance runs.”

Hosmer’s hit in the ninth was in stark contrast to his infield single in the third off starter Chris Stratton. The ball bounced near the plate then rolled slowly down the line as third baseman Pablo Sandoval stood and watched, hoping it would go foul. It didn’t.

”I didn’t even know it had a chance of staying fair, honestly, so it was kind of a surprise for me,” Hosmer said. ”I’ll take the free knocks. I need them, that’s for sure.”

Manuel Margot had two hits and two RBIs as the Padres snapped a five-game skid. Travis Jankowski and Cory Spangenberg added two hits apiece.

Richard (7-6) was dominant in his third start against the Giants this season. He retired 17 straight during one stretch, allowed only two runners past second base and struck out four. The four consecutive wins mark a career high for the left-hander.

”We’ve struggled the last five days so it’s good to get back on the right track,” Richard said. ”That’s always a good thing, and to do it against the Giants here, it’s a good win.”

San Diego’s bullpen made Richard’s performance hold up, but it was dicey at times.

Green used three relievers to get out of the seventh. Kirby Yates allowed a leadoff single in the eighth before setting down the next three. Brad Hand retired all three batters he faced in the ninth.

Gorkys Hernandez doubled twice off Richard.

”We just couldn’t do much offensively,” Giants manager Bruce Bochy said. ”We hit a lot of ground balls off of Richard. That’s what he induces with that sinker and we just couldn’t get much going offensively.”

San Diego scored the go-ahead run in the sixth on a throwing error by catcher Nick Hundley.

Spangenberg slid into first base with an infield single after initially being called out. After Freddy Galvis singled Spangenberg to third [url=http://www.vikingsauthorizedshops.com/authentic-harrison-smith-jersey]Authentic Harrison Smith Jersey[/url] , Hundley blocked a wild pitch by starting pitcher Chris Stratton but threw the ball into center field, allowing Spangenberg to score.

”We had him,” Bochy said. ”Nick recovered well. He just yanked the throw a little bit to the left.”

Margot followed with an RBI single.

Sandoval’s two-out single in the seventh off Craig Stammen trimmed San Diego’s lead to 3-2.

TOO SLOW

Stratton (8-5) allowed three runs and nine hits in six innings but was more upset at himself for not getting to first base on Spangenberg’s infield single in the sixth. Giants first baseman Buster Posey made a diving stop but Stratton was late to the bag.

”My thought was that it probably was going to go foul there, but Buster made a heck of a play there and you can’t be late,” Stratton said.

TRAINER’S ROOM

Padres: C Austin Hedges (elbow tendinitis) continues to make progress in his rehab start with Triple-A El Paso and could rejoin the team soon. The Chihuahuas are playing a series against San Francisco’s affiliate in Sacramento, about 80 minutes north AT&T Park.

Giants: The team is undecided what the next step will be for Jeff Samardzija after the right-hander gave up four runs in four innings with Triple-A Sacramento on Thursday. Manager Bruce Bochy said it’s possible Samardzija will make at least one more rehab start before rejoining the big league club.

UP NEXT

RHP Jordan Lyles (2-4, 4.46 ERA) pitches for San Diego on Saturday in the third game of the series. It will be Lyles’ ninth start, his most since 2015. LHP Andrew Suarez (2-4, 4.70) goes for San Francisco.